The List's features in Agenty is used to upload CSV, TSV or other delimited files, which allow to create and manage large numbers of input/URLs in agents input, because we can't enter a lot of URLs in manual input text area on agent page, which might freeze your browser due to size of in-memory text. The feature is helpful especially when you are scraping a big website while having their URL list. For example, if you have a scraping agent to extract price from a large eCommerce website using the URLs. You may use the LIST Feature to bulk upload the URLs and then change the input type to "URL LIST" for your agent.
- After login, click on the "Lists" menu from sidebar
- Now click on "NEW LIST" button to create new list.
- Enter the list name and then choose the delimited file to upload
- Select the "Delimiter" as per your file. For example:- Comma(,) separated for CSV
- And click on check box of "Has headers?" if your file has the headers or un-check if no headers and Agenty will auto-generate the heading with names like Field1, Field2......
- Before uploading the file, we need to click on the "Upload Preview" button to ensure that Agenty is reading the file correctly with settings we have applied.
- If you see the data is populated correctly in table preview, click on the "Confirm upload" button to finally upload the file.
When we upload the created list using above steps, we have to go in the scraping agent and update it. Steps For using "Input" button.
Select a URL List
- Go to your Scraping Agent page
- Click on the "Input" tab
- Now select the "Input Type" as "Select a URL List" and all your list will be populated in next drop-down
- Select the list, you want to use as input
- And finally, select the field which contains the URL in your list
- "Save" the input configuration
- Now, we can Start or Schedule the agent to execute the job for selected list.