AutoFillBlankCells Post-Processing function can be used to fill the blank cells from the next top most cell in our extracted field result. For Example, I have this scraping agent "AutoFillBlankCells Function Example(Post-Processing)" and if you look on the "
URL" field, it's empty after first row because this table is extracted from this URL, So there is single URL but multiple rows as per number of records found in the table. So, we can use the built-in "
AutoFillBlankCells " Post-Processing function here to fill the "
URL" value in it's next corresponding cells as well.
- Edit the scraping agent by clicking on the "Edit" tab
- Go to the field "
URL" and click on the "Edit" button to edit this field
- Now, click on the "Add Post-Processing" button to add the "
AutoFillBlankCells " function, the below dialog box will appear
- There are no parameter required in this function, so just adding this is enough.
- Then "Save" the function and the scraping agent configuration
- And finally re-run you agent to apply the changes.
After AutoFillBlankCells Function
If you notice the "
URL" field screenshot below, the URL has been added by the "
AutoFillBlankCells " function we've added in post-processing.