Webhook allows you to automatically import the agents data into your application, whenever the fresh data become available. This tutorial explains how to send Agenty data to Webhook URL endpoints.
In short, our Webhook integration allows you to say “If X job completed in Agenty, then send the job result to my app”
With this integration, you can import the Agenty data into your databases!
The first step is to create a URL endpoint in your application, which will accept the
HTTP POST request sent by Agenty. In this tutorial, I will use https://pipedream.com/ to create a sample URL endpoint to inspect, preview and demonstration.
- Go to https://pipedream.com/
- Click on Create Endpoint button
- Copy the endpoint URL
Add Webhook Plugin
- Now, login to your Agenty account and go to the particular agent page you want to add the webhook plugin.
- Click on the Plugin tab and then Add plugin button to add a plugin
- Select the Webhook plugin as in this screenshot
- This will redirect to new webhook page to enter parameter details for this plugin
- Enter your webhook URL in the URL endpoint box
- Then save the plugin.
Agent: Your agent where this plugin will be attached to trigger automatically on job completion.
Name of your plugin: A name will help to identify this plugin, when multiple plugins of same type are used in any agent.
URL Endpoint: A valid http or https URL to send a HTTP POST request with data
Batch size: Number or records per batch to send, this option will help Agenty to split the large result files into smaller batches. (
Default : 1000,
Maximum : 2500)
Testing and Preview
- Re-run your web scraping agent to fire the webhook plugin
- Agenty will send a HTTP POST request with the agent result in body, on job completion event.
- Check your URL endpoint when the agent job has been completed